Saleslogic's latest client helps suppliers and manufacturers communicate with brands and retailers and ultimately with customers, giving them lots more information about their products. Today, it not just about scanning a barcode to find out the price; the necessity to understand a product's origin, ingredients, dimensions, sustainability, environmental credentials and more are all vastly more important than ever before. If this information is not easily to hand, brands cannot understand what people want in what they supply and consumers don't get the information they need to purchase - almost certainly ending in a lost sale. Standardisation of and updates to data within the code is the way forward as this can be done seamlessly and quickly. Can you see the necessity and therefore, opportunity? COMPANY
Our client launched their technology 4 years ago and has enjoyed major success in the retail space (although this is by no means the only sector they are in), most notably in grocery, where major supermarkets are clients. Their market share in this sector is unrivalled, which means plenty of opportunity to work with their suppliers on a very warm basis.
In 2020, they enjoyed triple-digit growth, and 2021 is shaping up to finish on an impressive number too. ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a new business role and reports directly to the Head of Sales, so as such you will be expected to:
- Lead commercial negotiations with prospects to close business, maximise retention and income
- Work with input from the leadership team to build and execute comprehensive sales plans
- Proactively contribute to development plans to deliver retailer and brand sales
- Support sales management to drive lead generation in combination with marketing, service and other teams as required
- Cultivate and manage a sustainable pipeline to ensure delivery of quarterly targets and continued year on year growth.
- Inform product roadmap to ensure maximum customer delight and commercial returns.
- Use our existing membership and/or non-members to seek out appropriate contacts to foster meaningful relationships
- Manage external stakeholders at all seniority levels in a complex consultative sale cycle
- Work diligently through contract negotiations with internal and external senior stakeholders
- Independently write up proposals and statements of work in preparation for contract discussion
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders such as the finance, service operations, marketing, pre-sales and product to build and execute compelling service proposals
- Ensure that management information is up to date and accurately reflects progress of present and future activities. This includes reporting and forecasting on opportunities in an accurate, timely and transparent manner to enable business planning.
- Represent the Company at industry events
People best suited to this role would have:
SALARY & LOCATION
- An excellent understanding of the retail or wholesale market and commercial knowledge in positioning market solutions
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of selling B2B SaaS solutions as an Individual Contributor
- Evidence of personal sales overachievement including cold calling and definition of generating sales pipeline
- Track record of delivering sales targets in a team environment
- Ability to negotiate in multi-party sales contracts within any scale of organisation
- Proactive approach to strategic research of prospective clients
- Proven ability to use innovative ideas to develop own network
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to key clients
- An understanding of operations and support functions and ability to cooperate effectively with them
Our client is willing to pay £55k-£65k basic salary with a £16.5k bonus and benefits for achieving a very realistic target.
The office is in central London.
In summary, this is a superb opportunity to join a Company with already proven and desired technology from brands and retailers alike. With the hard work, drive and enthusiasm to be successful both as an individual and with your team, this role has significant follow-on opportunities in a short timeframe.
If this role is for you, please contact Darren Light at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV to arrange an initial conversation.